Dear Valued Patients:
We're happy to announce that Mauldin Family Dentistry is reopening to treat all our patients as of May 18th, 2020. Thank you so much for your support and patience during this difficult time.
Please note that as a result of COVID-19, we have updated some of our daily procedures. You'll still receive the same great service from our dedicated team, however to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff, we've implemented the following changes to our arrival and check-in process:
- If you are not already on our schedule, please respect our request to not just "stop by". Although we would love to see you, we need to limit the amount of people in our office at one time in order to maintain social distancing. This also allows us to prescreen anyone entering our office to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms.
- If you ARE a scheduled patient, you will have been called to confirm your appointment and prescreen your current health. You will also be provided with a link prior to your appointment to fill out any paperwork online. Please do not plan on bringing anyone with you to your appointment, unless you are impaired and need help, or the person you've brought with you also has an appointment at the same time.
- Upon your arrival to our office, please call our office phone from your car at 864.288.9780 to let us know you've arrived. Someone from our staff will then direct you on pre-screening procedures and then come out and get you.
- If you have a face mask, please put it on before entering our office. If you did not bring one, one will be provided for you. Once in our lobby, our staff will encourage you to use hand sanitizer, and will be taking your temperature and confirming all pre-screening questions with you. If you are temperature-free and exhibiting no other symptoms, we will guide you back to your hygiene room to begin your appointment. If you do register a temperature, we will unfortunately have to ask you to leave at this time and reschedule once you've been cleared by a medical professional.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, our staff member will ensure that no other persons are at the check-out station or in the waiting room, and then will allow you to proceed to check out and to schedule any appointments.
In addition to the above procedures, our staff is taking many precautions to ensure your safety as a patient. In addition to the extensive list of procedures we have always followed, here are some things we are doing to protect you and your health:
- Each member of our staff will be self monitoring and checking their temperature at least twice a day. If any member registers a temperature of 100.4 or more, they will be asked to go and stay home until cleared to return to work.
- We have reduced the amount of patients we see per day and are staggering the times patients are scheduled. This minimizes the number of people in our building at one time and allows us to social distance properly.
- Patients will not be permitted to bring anyone to their appointment unless that person is needed for help of disabled persons, or has an appointment that is also scheduled at the same time. If that person is with you for disability reasons, they will be asked to stay in the car during treatment, or if not possible, in the room with you, and will also be asked to complete all pre-treatment screenings and procedures.
- Patients will be asked to complete all paperwork online via an emailed or texted link that will be sent to them prior to their appointment. This avoids any paper exchange between you and us.
- Our waiting room will be closed to any and all visitors/patients. As a scheduled patient, we will ask that you call us from your vehicle upon arrival, and then one of our staff members will come get you when ready.
- Patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer at time of entry and time of exit from the office, as well as to wear face coverings/masks as they enter and exit the office. They will also be required to practice social distancing as they navigate the common areas of the building. If at all possible, please use your restroom at home before coming to your appointment (which includes brushing your teeth), so that we can limit the spread of germs in common areas used by multiple people throughout the day.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at both check-in and check-out stations to avoid the spread of germs.
- Until further PPE is available to our staff, we will be making every effort to refrain from using tools which create aerosol production.
- Due to the high risk of aerosol production during dental treatments, we have installed clear hanging strips at each door to keep aerosols contained to their rooms.
- Post Procedure, we will keep all patients in their rooms until the front desk has confirmed that the hallway and front desk area are clear of others. And, at the time of release from the room, patients will be asked to put their face covers or masks back on.
- We will, as we always have, disinfect all areas between patients, with cleaners that are cleared by DHEC to kill the COVID-19 virus. Some of these cleaners require a longer wait time to take effect, and as a result, we have had to extend time between patients to ensure your room is thoroughly clean and safe.
- We will make every effort to contact patients after 4-7 days of their visit to confirm that no symptoms arose after their visit.
Again, thank you so much for your support. We're happy to continue serving you, and can't wait to see your smile!
Your dental family at Mauldin Family Dentistry