Dear Valued Patients:
We're happy to announce that Mauldin Family Dentistry is open and back to treating all our patients. Thank you so much for your support and patience during this difficult time.
Please note that as a result of COVID-19, we have updated some of our daily procedures. You'll still receive the same great service from our dedicated team, however to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff, we've implemented the following changes to our arrival and check-in process:
- If you are not already on our schedule, please respect our request to not just "stop by". Although we would love to see you, we need to limit the amount of people in our office at one time in order to maintain social distancing. This also allows us to prescreen anyone entering our office to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms.
- If you ARE a scheduled patient, you will have been reminded of your appointment through our automated text/email reminder system. Please assess your current health and make sure you are not exhibiting any symptoms such as cough, fever, sneezing, or difficulty breathing before confirming your appointment. If you are exhibiting symptoms, we kindly ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment for a day when you are feeling better or a quarantine period has ended. The day before your appointment, we will email/text you with a link to fill out any necessary paperwork online. Please note that we are still trying to maintain a safe COVID-free environment for our patients. Because of this, and the small size of our office, please do not plan on bringing anyone with you to your appointment, unless you are a minor and an adult must bring you; you are impaired and need help; the person you've brought with you also has an appointment at the same time; or they are able to wait in the car for the duration of your appointment.
- Upon your arrival to our office, please call our office phone from your car at 864.288.9780 to let us know you've arrived. Someone from our staff will then direct you on current procedures and directions for entering our office.
- If you have a face mask, please put it on before entering our office. If you did not bring one, one will be provided for you. Our waiting room is open to those that have called upon arrival. We ask this so that we can direct you on proper social distancing protocol in order to uphold the highest safety standards for those entering our office.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, our staff member will ask you to put your mask back on, ensure that no other persons are at the check-out station or in the waiting room, and then will allow you to proceed to check out and to schedule any appointments.
In addition to the above procedures, our staff is taking many precautions to ensure your safety as a patient. In addition to the extensive list of procedures we have always followed, here are some things we are doing to protect you and your health:
- Each member of our staff will be self monitoring for symptoms and checking their temperature before coming to work. If any member registers a temperature of 100.4 or more, they will be asked to stay home until cleared to return to work.
- We have reduced the amount of patients we see per day and are staggering the times patients are scheduled. This minimizes the number of people in our building at one time and allows us to social distance properly.
- Patients will not be permitted to bring anyone to their appointment unless that person is the parent of a minor, is needed for help of disabled persons, or has an appointment that is also scheduled at the same time. If that person is with you for disability reasons, they will be asked to stay in the car during treatment, or if not possible, in the room with you, and will also be asked to comply with any protocol that's in place at that time.
- Patients will be asked to complete any paperwork online via an emailed or texted link that will be sent to them prior to their appointment. This avoids any paper exchange between you and us.
- Our waiting room will be open only to patients with scheduled appointments that have a mask. As a scheduled patient, we will ask that you call us from your vehicle upon arrival, and you will then be directed on current protocol for entering.
- Patients will be asked to wear face coverings/masks as they enter and exit the office. They will also be required to practice social distancing as they navigate the common areas of the building. If at all possible, please use your restroom at home before coming to your appointment (which includes brushing your teeth), so that we can limit the spread of germs in common areas used by multiple people throughout the day.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at both check-in and check-out stations to avoid the spread of germs.
- Due to the high risk of aerosol production during dental treatments, we have installed clear hanging strips at each door to keep aerosols contained to each room.
- Post Procedure, we will keep all patients in their rooms until the front desk has confirmed that the hallway and front desk area are clear of others. And, at the time of release from the room, patients will be asked to put their face covers or masks back on.
- We will, as we always have, disinfect all areas between patients, with cleaners that are cleared by DHEC to kill the COVID-19 virus. Some of these cleaners require a longer wait time to take effect, and as a result, we have had to extend time between patients to ensure your room is thoroughly clean and safe.
Again, thank you so much for your support. We're happy to continue serving you, and can't wait to see your smile!
Your Dental Family at Mauldin Family Dentistry